Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Who Am I?

I found this on a blog from StrongerTeam.com and felt it was worth passing along.  If you aren't familiar with Alan Stein and his work, I recommend checking him out.  He a great follow on Twitter as well.  ( www.twitter.com/AlanStein )

Do you know who this is?

I am the most desirable thing in life. Without me no can be healthy, happy, or useful. Without me, the hidden wealth and vast resources of this earth would have no value.

Men and women who try to get along without me are characterless, selfish, undeveloped, useless, and unprofitable members of society.

I am behind every fortune, every art and science, every real achievement, and every victory.

People try to find substitutes for me hoping to secure a larger measure of happiness, peace, and satisfaction, but they are always left bitterly disappointed. Instead of gain, every substitute for me brings them loss.

I am greater than wealth, power, fame, or any acquired possession because I am the true source to which those things are acquired.

Who am I?

I am work.


If 99.9% were good enough, then...

  • 22,000 checks will be deducted from the wrong bank accounts in the next 60 minutes
  • 1,314 phone calls will be misplaced by telecommunication services every minute.
  • 12 babies will be given to the wrong parents each day.
  • 268,500 defective tires will be shipped this year.
  • 103,260 income tax returns will be processed incorrectly this year.
  • 2,488,200 books will be shipped in the next 12 months with the wrong cover.
  • 2 plane landings daily at O'Hare International Airport in Chicago will be unsafe.
  • 18,322 pieces of mail will be mishandled in the next hour.
  • 291 pacemaker operations will be performed incorrectly this year.
  • 20,000 incorrect drug prescriptions will be written in the next 12 months.
  • 114,500 mismatched pairs of shoes will be shipped this year.
  • 107 incorrect medical procedures will be performed by the end of the day today.



No comments:

Post a Comment